The Mimosa Shop offers top quality shredded Mimosa hostilis root bark that is sustainably harvested in our own private property in Bahia, Northern Brazil. Our shredded Mimosa hostilis root bark can be stored long-term, as the large pieces of bark protects the active ingredients from the air.
You can also further grind the pre-shredded MHRB in a regular blender or coffee grinder to achieve a suitable particle size.
Mimosa Hostilis is a perennial tree native to Brazil that has a long history of use by South American people due to the extraordinary properties of its root bark.
The Mimosa hostilis root bark has been used in many parts of the world in a wide array of applications including treating health conditions such as tooth pain, cough, and bronchitis. Mimosa hostilis is also an excellent leather dye due to its high natural tannin content.
Furthermore, Mimosa hostilis has potent antifungal and antimicrobial qualities, making it perfect to treat wounds that contain infection, fungi or harmful bacteria. As a result, this plant is a key ingredient in a variety of health products.
The Mimosa Shop offers the purest form of Mimosa hostilis root bark that is grown in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner. We harvest our MHRB under the supervision of an experienced juremeiro in Bahia, Northern Brazil.
Our shredded mimosa hostilis is a good option for long term storage, as the components are semi protected from air and oxidation.
Our farmers carefully extract the Mimosa hostilis root bark from well matured trees, which guarantees a top-quality product.
We never cut the roots off from the mimosa tree. We dig it out, strip the root bark and cover the roots again, so they can regenerate. Generally, we wait for at least one year until we go back to the same tree.
Our Shredded Mimosa hostilis is completely free from any pesticides, chemicals, or fertilizers. Our Mimosa trees grow just like nature wants them to grow, without any interference from our part.
Benefits of Our Shredded Mimosa Hostilis Bark
- Our bark is always fresh, and is shipped from Brazil, the home of the Mimosa hostilis tree.
- We are the harvesters and exporters. There are no middlemen when purchasing from us, guaranteeing the best cost-quality ratio.
- Shredded MHRB can be ground to achieve different particle sizes, making it ideal for an exfoliant effect in soaps using coarser root bark particles.
- Completely free of any pesticides, chemicals, or fertilizers.
- MHRB has a high tannin content, making it suitable for dyeing and leather processing. Its high concentrations of saponins and lipids aid in the creation of the best handmade soaps.
- Helps strengthen the scalp and allows people with weak or damaged hair to recover strength and volume.
- It helps reduce inflammation or infection, and it’s also great for skin issues such as burns and scars. 
- It can help protect and stimulate collagen. 
- Do not ingest, external use only.
- Keep away from children.
- Avoid contact with eyes and respiratory system.
Sao Paulo, Brazil